Names are important. Names are what you carry with you through your entire life. You can’t escape them.
In the exciting and terrifying first weeks of finding out that you are going to be parents, one of the biggest topics is what you will call your spawn. New parents will read name books, credits of movies, and, sometimes, just start stringing random words together to come up with some moniker that sounds decent.
Well, if you are stuck for a name for your new podling, here are some guiding questions to help you decide:
1. Do the letters look good in caligraphy?
2. Are the letters mostly vowels, thereby allowing the sounds to roll off the tongue seamlessly?
3. Is it a famous name?
4. Do all the names come together in a glorious pun?
5. Do the initials stand for some popular acronym such as SMH or WTF?
6. Are there unnecessary letters?
7. Are there more than six parts to the names?
8. Will other kids mercilessly mock and make jokes about the name in the future?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, then congratulations! You have the name of your child. If you are still stuck with a few options, why choose? Mash those together into one name.
***Disclaimer***Azra has been around children for centuries. While not having any of his own, part of being an exiled angel means blending in on earth. As he traveled the earth, he picked up on a lot of parenting practices across the globe. This blog is meant to share his parenting wisdom with a new generation. And to win a bet.
*Note: any advice given is meant to be satirical and not to be taken literally. Please do not exercise it upon any living being, child or otherwise.*